The Accra College of Medicine ("ACM") is a premier private and independent Medical College set up to provide cutting-edge medical education in Ghana. ACM provides world-class medical education that is research oriented and tailored towards solving Ghana and Africa's health problems. Our medical professionals are passionate about medicine, community oriented, use innovative means to solve problems. We aim to train medical practitioners who are professional and ethical, scientists, innovators and, educators with the commitment to lifelong learning and making a difference in the community.
The Accra College of Medicine integrates a premier private medical school with leading public and private health facilities to advance medical education in Ghana. The Accra College of Medicine is unique. Built upon a distinctive health care environment, at ACM we offer a student-centered, collaborative learning experience, driven by the primary value of “Heart-Power” - training our students to prioritise the needs of the patient, community and country.
At the Accra College of Medicine, you will find a dedicated faculty who provide students with a superlative education in medicine, who help shape leaders in public policy and who discover and promulgate new scientific knowledge about existing and emerging diseases. Combined with the state-of-the-art technology and an innovative curriculum that stresses the importance of science, clinical knowledge and research skills, ACM will educate and train tomorrow’s health care leaders today.
The ACM Advantage
- World-Class Facilities:we have invested in technology and the incorporation of innovative practical learning aids that will enable our students experience first-hand the advanced medical practices required to deal with a broad diversity of patients and diseases.
- Leading Faculty:ACM’s faculty members are passionate about teaching and educating a new generation of health care leaders. ACM facultyare both local and international professors of repute.
- Small Class Size:Small class sizes and high faculty-to- student ratio are hallmarks of the Accra College of Medicine education fostering effective learning and lifelong professional and personal relationships.
- Visionary Curriculum :ACM offers a state-of-the-art curriculum immediately applicable to preeminent patient care, biomedical research, and scholarly academic medicine. ACM curriculum is best tailored to prepare students for the challenges of patient care.
- Broad-Based Medical Education:ACM education aims to produce broad-minded well-educated medical scientists and clinicians who are ethical, professional, appreciative of the humanities and the arts and culture of peoples, with additional courses such as Health Care Management, Medical Entrepreneurship, Community Volunteering, Nursing and Heart Power.
- Selectives:An exclusive component offered to students, this course of study provides a flexible enrichment education that is interspersed between course blocks. Students select various electives including community service to expand subject offerings, encourage self-directed learning, and renew curiosity while complementing the major themes of the ACM curriculum.
- Undergraduate and Graduate Entry: At ACM, we offer both Undergraduate entry for qualifying students straight out of secondary school and Graduate entry for qualifying students who have a bachelors degree in a science-related subject.
AFFILIATION, AND MENTORING
The Accra College of Medicine is affiliated to the University of Ghana and students will graduate with a MBChB degree. ACM will be mentored by the University of Ghana School of Medicine and Dentistry.
INVITATION FOR APPLICATIONS
ACM invites applications from both national and non-nationals resident in Ghana and in the diaspora who are dynamic, with strong motivation and a flair for excellence to apply to attend the Accra College of Medicine for Undergraduate or Graduate Entry.
The following qualifications are accepted for entry:
- Senior Secondary School Certificates (SSSCE/WASSSCE)
- Baccalaureate (French)
- International Baccalaureate (IB)
- GCE (Cambridge) ‘O’ and ‘A’ Levels
- IGCSE (Cambridge) ‘O’ and ‘A’ levels
- American High School Grade 12 and 13 examinations
- Any other external qualifications which have equivalences to the SSSCE/WASSCE as determined by the National Accreditation Board
- For Graduate entry, a bachelors degree in a science related subject
All undergraduates shall enter at Level 100 (first year) of the programme with Graduate entry at Level 200 (second year).